The Bionic Display™ in Varjo headsets features a pixel density much higher than in other headsets. Full resolution in SteamVR for Varjo headsets is 4096 x 4096 pixels per eye, which can be too demanding for some graphics cards.
If you experience performance issues when running an OpenVR application, you can lower its resolution in the SteamVR settings. Lowering the resolution will improve performance at the cost of image quality.
You can adjust the default resolution used for all applications as follows:
- In the SteamVR application, open Menu > Settings.
- In the SteamVR Settings window, navigate to Video > Render resolution > Custom.
- Adjust Resolution per eye as needed.
- Restart your application to apply the new resolution.
You can also create application-specific exceptions to the default resolution:
- In the SteamVR application, navigate to Menu > Settings.
- In the SteamVR Settings window, navigate to Video > Per-application video settings.
- Select your application from the drop-down list.
- Adjust the Custom resolution multiplier.
- Restart your application to apply the new application-specific resolution.
Contact Varjo Support
Didn't find what you are looking for? Reach out to Varjo Support for help.