This issue was resolved in Varjo Base 2.3. Please update to latest version of Varjo Base for best results. If you still want to continue using an older version of Varjo Base, follow these instructions.
When you run an application as administrator, Varjo Base cannot communicate with it correctly. You can change this as follows:
- On your Windows computer, create a new file using a text editor such as Notepad.
- Add the following line to the file:
- Save the file as varjoprocess.cfg in the %ProgramData%Varjovarjo-process directory.
- Start the Services application via the Windows Start menu. You can simply open the Start menu, type in “services”, and select the first search result to open the application.
- Locate the Varjo Process Server task in the list of services.
- Right-click on the task and select Restart.
You can now run your application as administrator and use it normally.
The configuration change is persistent and will remain in place when you update Varjo Base. To revert the change, delete the varjoprocess.cfg file or remove the added line from the file.
We recommend that you only perform this change if your appication specifically requires administrator privileges. It is best to avoid running background processes as administrator.
Contact Varjo Support
Didn't find what you are looking for? Reach out to Varjo Support for help.